Business as Usual but with a new spark: with Scientific Games huge global presence, there are subsidiaries and the name changes required on various licensing across multiple jurisdictions all formalities that need to be taken care of, but that’s all part of the parcel of the decision to continue a company that has become a traditional part of the furniture in the overall casino and sports betting scene.
The Most Significant Changes We Will & Will Not See
There is no change in management here. It is a company name change and not a takeover, buyout, or merger. A plain and simple desire to move the company’s name into the future with more appeal and innovation.
As far as noticeable changes are concerned, there will not be many, but it depends on how you interact with Scientific Games the change will be slightly different. Online casino players will see the rebranding in slots immediately, while for those familiar with the brand’s cabinets hosting slots, and multi-gambling games, rebranding activities across all systems on and offline may take a while. It will also affect B2B suppliers through contractual and financial documentation.
No changes here: We are still yet to see any brand name changes to the newly acquired Authentic Gaming live dealer studio, which will now operate under Light & Wonder. Also, Scientific Games owned WMS and Bally Woof, both of which operate online and land-based slots operations, also look to remain unaffected keeping their long-time traditional brand names but will obviously now operate as sister companies to Light & Wonder just as they did under the Scientific Games flagship.
End of an Era, But a New Beginning for a Serial Award-Winning iGaming Powerhouse
Already Light & Wonder has kick-started the year by recently picking up the ‘Casino Supplier of the Year Award’ at the EGR North America Awards 2022, which adds to a list of awards picked up under the Scientific Games brand name.
- 2022—EGR North America Awards 2022 ‘Casino Supplier of the Year’
- 2022—International Gaming Awards ‘US Gaming Company of the Year’
- 2022—Global Gaming Awards ‘Land-based Casino Supplier of the Year’ (Runner Up)
- 2021—EGR North America Awards 2022 ‘Lottery Supplier of the Year’
- 2021—EGR North America Awards 2022 ‘Sports betting supplier of the Year’
- 2021—EGR North America Awards 2022 ‘Sportsbook platform provider of the Year’
- 2021—Global Gaming Awards ‘Retail Supplier of the Year’
- 2021—International Gaming Awards ‘Sustainable Business of the Year’
- 2021—EGR B2B ‘Multi-Channel Supplier of the Year’
- 2020—SBC Awards ‘Platform Provider of the Year’
- 2019—SBC Awards ‘Standalone Platform Provider of the Year’
- 2019—EGR B2B ‘Platform of the Year’
A Company Now Embedded in the World’s Most Prestigious iGaming Markets
Light & Wonder is embedded in multiple global markets. Its stronghold in Europe needs no introduction while the company is now one of the most formidable tech partners in the growing US online gambling industry. In New Jersey, the iGaming tech giant currently operates games on Mohegan Sun, Resorts AC, Golden Nugget, and Caesars online casinos while in Michigan operates FanDuel Casino, Golden Nugget, and Parx Casinos. Scientific Games also recently entered the Ontario iGaming market under Light & Wonder—we are 100% certain the company will pick up more awards in the future operating across so many regions. For more info, see the new official Light & Wonder website here.